To break the 3 meter practical length barrier of USB 3.0 with assured reliability, FireNEX™-uLINK-S series was developed to extend USB 3.0 A to B signal up to 20 meters with custom options available for lengths and connector selections.
Unlike other USB 3.0 extension cables, FireNEX™-uLINK-S provides a A to B single-cable extension solution for USB SuperSpeed 5Gbps by embedding repeating module(s) in between the cable. With USB 2.0 backward compatibility and bus powered feature, FireNEX™-uLINK-S is the ideal solution for Video Conferencing, Machine Vision, Medical Imaging and many other fields.
FireNEX™-uLINK-S was awarded a 2015 Vision System Design Innovation Prize.
(For hub and externally powered device use only)
- Extends USB 3.0 up to 20 Meters with superior signal quality
- Transfers SuperSpeed at data rate up to 5Gbps
- USB 2.0 backward compatible
- Plug and Play, no driver installation needed
- Bus powered from host PC, no external power supply needed
- Slim repeater box form factor, ideal for wall conduit
- High flex life robotic cable option available
- Ruggedized metal repeater case option available for better EMI shielding
Q: Is FireNEX™-uLINK backward compatible with USB 2.0?
A: Yes, the FireNEX™-uLINK is compatible with USB 2.0 peripherals.
Q: What length does the FireNEX™-uLINK support?
A: The FireNEX™-uLINK can support up to 16 meters.
Q: Is it possible to have FireNEX™-uLINK made from high flex life USB3 cable to support robotic application?
A: Yes, please contact Newnex support for further information.
Q: Do I need to install a driver in order to use the FireNEX™-uLINK
A: No, you do not need to install a driver. You can use the FireNEX™-uLINK as you would with a regular USB 3.0 cable.
Q: Where can the RoHS Certificate for FireNEX™-uLINK be found?
A: FireNEX™-uLINK Rohs Certifcation can be found in Newnex's FireNEX™ Repeaters Certifcate.